For those of you ready to take a leap of faith but are scared out of your mind, here are some words of wisdom to support you in making the “Jump”:
• Know That Your Goal Is Achievable. The author Richard Bach said, “We are never given a dream or an idea without the ability to make it come true.”
• Trust your inner voice. That feeling in your gut is almost always right – trust it and follow it.
• Allow burning desire to replace your fear. When you are so connected to your goal that you can literally feel it or taste it, fear begins to dissolve. Take a few minutes every day to “be” inside of your goal. Who is with you? What does it feel like? Focus on the details.
• Surround yourself with like-minded people. There will be many along the way who will try to talk you into a more “rational” decision, so it is crucial to surround yourself with people who believe in you.
• Stop comparing yourself to others. It’s easy to get attached to timelines or to compare your results to what someone else has already achieved. You are on your own a unique path. Stay the course and things will unfold exactly as they are meant to in “perfect” timing.
• Celebrate your wins along the way. Every time you reach a milestone, no matter how small it may be, acknowledge and celebrate it! Focus on all the ways things are going “right” and you will be amazed at how the momentum continues to grow.
• Trust the “Net” Will Appear. We are conditioned that we need to have all our ducks in a row before we take a leap. We need to know where the money is coming from, where all the clients are, how we’re going to get to the finish line. But life doesn’t work that way. It is only when we “jump” that the net will appear.
• But What If It Doesn’t? Is it possible that the net won’t appear and you’ll fall? Of course it is. But like Edison who “failed” nearly 3,000 times on his way to creating the light bulb, don’t look at your falls as “failure”, but rather as “feedback.” Get back up, find another take-off point and take another jump.
Keep trying and you WILL succeed!