Renew with Micro-needling
Micro-needling is a painlessly powerful way to rejuvenate your skin!
The holistic, time-tested treatment of cosmetic acupuncture has been around for thousands of years. Now with micro-needling, which uses a rotating pen of needles that skim the surface of the skin, you get the same holistic benefits of cosmetic acupuncture in a virtually painless treatment.
Key benefits of micro-needling include:
- Increased collagen and elastin, for younger-looking skin
- Increased serum absorption — up to 2000%
- Reduction in scarring, including acne scarring
- Feeling and looking as good on the outside as you do on the inside
- Greater confidence in how you look and feel
Check out the video and other information on this page to learn more about micro-needling, then book a consultation to see if micro-needling is right for you!
My Cosmetic Acupuncture & Micro-needling Credentials
- Masters’ degrees in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from Northwestern Health Sciences University
- NCCAOM board-certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Oriental Medicine practitioner
- Additional advanced studies at the First Teaching Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Tianjin, China
More About Micro-needling
Micro-needling could be the right solution for you if:
- Your skin has lost its luster and radiant appearance.
- You’ve experienced stressful or traumatic events that have aged your face.
- You have scars on your face from cuts or acne.
- You are suffering with recurring or chronic acne.
- You have crow’s feet or lines around the lips from smoking that you want to address.
- You have developed the “11” lines by your eyebrows.
- You are developing wrinkles or have had them for awhile, and you are ready to say goodbye to them.
- Those fine lines and wrinkles are getting bigger and deeper.
- You have developed age spots that just don’t shine your light from within.
- You have been considering botox or surgery, but would prefer a treatment that is just as effective but less invasive and more holistic.
- You want your outside to feel and look as healthy and vibrant as on the inside.
The best way to find out if micro-needling is for you is to book a free consultation!
Microdermabrasion removes layers of the skin. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the top layer of the skin is the Wei Qi, which is the first layer for your protection from outside pathogens. TCM thinks of the outermost layer of the skin, the Wei Qi, as the guards to the fortress (your body), and you would not want to remove the guards from protecting the fortress.
Micro-needling creates tiny channels in the skin, which does not damage the Wei Qi, and allows holistic Chinese herbal formulas to easily be absorbed, and increases collagen and elastin production.
Nano-needling uses microscopic, hair-like cones that separate the cells within the epidermis to allow enhancement of product absorption. Nano-needling affects only the epidermis, treating within the upper .15 mm of the skin. The benefits of this serum infusion treatment include pigmentation reduction,
increased cell turnover, skin rejuvenation, and an immediate glow. This treatment can be done weekly to exfoliate the skin. Nano-needling is good for those with aged skin, decreased circulation, and fine lines.
There are many knock-off tools that anyone can purchase. These tools can easily damage your skin and cause more harm than good. A licensed professional is professionally trained and has received credentials and certification to perform micro-needling under the direct supervision of a licensed professional with the credentials to train in micro-needling. A licensed professional assesses the health of a potential client before a procedure to ensure that the procedure will be safe and beneficial for the client. Not all people qualify for micro-needling, and a licensed professional will be able to address that, and may recommend nano-needling, if necessary.
See pricing and packages below.
Most people report that micro-needling feels like a fine-grained sandpaper over the skin, but not painful. For people who are very sensitive, we offer numbing cream prior to the treatment, but the majority of people do not require this.
After your first treatment you will notice a rosy, healthy glow to the skin, with decreased fine lines and wrinkles. Depending on the depth of wrinkles and scars, most people will experience a noticeable difference in just a few treatments.
On average, most people see their desired results in four months, and those results normally last one to four years. Some clients like to come in for a “tune-up” before that that one to four year mark. Each client is unique, so results do vary.
Pricing & Packages
Get the benefits of cosmetic surgery, with the added benefit of a holistic health focus, and no anesthesia or invasive procedures!
For those areas that need some TLC!
The 11 lines at the eyebrows
Brighten your beauty!
One micro-needling session
Three nano-needling sessions
Red light therapy
Transform your skin!
Four micro-needling sessions
12 nano-needling sessions
Red light therapy
Book Appointments Online
Convenient scheduling, anytime. Micro-needling appointments run 1-1.5 hours for initial treatment, and 45-60 minutes for followup treatments. During your treatment you can meditate, relax, or nap comfortably.
Please keep this important aftercare in mind when scheduling:
- You will be red for 8-12 hours
- No exercise, makeup, facial soap, or sun for the rest of the day
- Back to your normal facial routine the next day
New clients: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete health intake forms. We will review your health concerns as well as health history. Wear loose-fitting clothing, if possible.
Please contact us with at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you cancel or reschedule with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged the full amount for your scheduled appointment. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.