In this episode, Nada and Belkis discuss:
- Battling through a lifetime of sexual assault and abuse and how to find yourself after that trauma.
- Understanding that people, even family, may not know how to react to sexual assault trauma.
- Learning to be true to yourself and forgive the bad things in your life.
- Recovering from long term relationship trauma and how to find hope.
- Being a victim of sexual assault doesn’t define your self-worth, it doesn’t make you less of a person.
- We just want someone to love us beyond all other things, we want to be valued, and that value starts with loving ourselves.
- Forgiveness will propel you beyond bitterness and allow you to heal.
- Hope will allow you to take your life and your happiness back into your own hands.
“We are driven for connection.” — Belkis Clarke-Mitcham
Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Laura Gray | Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions