Donna Mathiowetz: What Have You Done Since I Left? – Part 1
Take 25 minutes over lunch to nourish your soul!
Donna Mathiowetz is an inspirational speaker and author, who strives to leave a legacy of hope, healing, and forgiveness by sharing her story of loss, grief, and resiliency.
Loss enters our lives in many ways, whether through death, declining health, loss of independence, or dreams that never came to fruition. Donna’s own story is a powerful example of how it is possible to not just survive but to thrive after loss.
Donna has been married to her wonderful husband, Dick, for 48 years. Together they have four children (including three children fostered from three different countries), and three precious grandchildren.
In Part 1 of this two-part series, Nada and Donna discuss:
- Donna’s story of losing her 16-year-old son, Timm.
- How adopting a terminally-ill, teenaged boy named Oleg contributed to Donna’s healing.
- How Donna and Dick’s journey through loss and grief helped others feel hope.
- How Donna and her family came to terms with the deaths of Timm and Oleg.
- Life-altering circumstances can either derail us from life, or determine our growth.
- Puzzle pieces of life and the human spirit can help us discover our true potential and depths of love for another.
- There are no guarantees of how long our loved ones will be here. Love them deeply today.
- Using our experiences of deep grief and pain helps others heal, as well as ourselves.
- When life changes so drastically, you can choose a different way.