In this episode, Nada and Joanne discuss:
- Connecting to your inner self through contemplative practice.
- Understanding your relationship with food.
- The importance of sleep in a healthy lifestyle and in mindful eating.
- The difficulties with processed sugar in our diets.
- Understanding why we are struggling to make mindful food choices.
- Being mindful of yourself and your actions allows you to better understand your body and mind.
- Diet programs can be unsuccessful because they don’t teach mindful eating.
- Food high in sugar activates the reward center of the brain, which can lead to unhealthy habits.
- Learning how to be present and enjoy what you are eating instead of rushing.
“Weight is not about the food.” — Joanne King
Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Laura Gray | Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions