In this episode, Nada and Lisa discuss:
- How life’s lessons and grace lie within the struggle.
- How we may be setting ourselves up for disappointment by thinking we have to be happy all the time.
- The power of asking ourselves, “What is the struggle here to teach me?” and leaning into that.
- How Lisa had experienced preparedness for her husband Teddy’s passing in the 9/11 attacks.
- How Lisa was able to be calm and clear right after the 9/11 attacks.
- Life is the classroom, the struggles are the lessons.
- Happiness lies in between the struggles and the incredible elation we get with the “ah-ha” moments.
- Life is not happening to us, but for us.
- We can get ourselves worked up in fear about an event – and even make the event worse in our minds – because we don’t see the grace and the beauty that comes with the event.
- Our life experiences are preparing us for what is coming next.
See and hear more from Lisa
Check out Lisa's inspirng book!
Within weeks of 9/11, Lisa Luckett vowed that she would make something good come from the nightmare of the death of her husband and all the others in the devastating event that changed our world forever. With a warrior’s will, Lisa reframed her pain for personal growth and positive change for herself and her young family.