Lorraine Hoving: The Big Greatness of My Life – Part 1
Take 25 minutes over lunch to nourish your soul!
Lorraine Hoving has always been an eternal optimist, even when she didn’t believe it for herself.
When she turned 60 years old, she realized if God blessed her with 30 more years on earth, then her life was already two-thirds over. All the goals she had set out to do year after year — the weight she had vowed to lose, the health she promised to obtain, and daily organization that had eluded her — all lay there in a big heap of empty promises. Some promises were over 45 years old! Was this all? Would she ever change or could she ever change?
She dug deep and decided she had no choice but to do something about her situation. She took a personal development class, learned to love herself, face the trauma of her past, learned to forgive others and, most importantly, forgave herself. She took an online class on style and fashion, hired a trainer, took adventures with her husband, and immersed herself in learning and improving every single day. She has lost a total of 125 lbs and continues on her path to total health and wellness in mind and body!
In Part 1 of their conversation, Nada and Lorraine discuss:
- Why turning 60 was such a life changer for Lorraine
- How Lorraine gained and lost 130+ pounds
- Reconnecting with her joyful little girl self
- Being blessed by a husband who married her because of her heart
- Asking the tough questions
- When you are older, you need to realize there is less life ahead
- You have to take a full 100% responsibility for your life
- You can’t hide an addiction to food like you can drugs or alcohol
- In our traumas we lose the little girl or boy in us and the freedom to just be ourselves
- Deep joy and laughter come from truly liking and loving yourself
Get Lorraine's delicious & healthy recipes for the holidays!
Enjoy three of Lorraine’s favorite mocktail recipes — all calorie counted & healthy!
Three more of Lorraine’s favorites — breakfast, appetizer, and dessert!