Pernille Halbro: Courageous Journey Through Cancer – Part 2
Take 25 minutes over lunch to feed your soul!
Read Pernille’s bio and hear the first part of our conversation in the Courageous Journey Through Cancer – Part 1 episode! In this Part 2 episode, Nada and Pernille discuss:
- Pernille’s decision to go to Denmark for cancer treatments
- Metacognitive therapy
- How our emotions can manifest illness in different parts of the body
- The harrowing feeling of experiencing confidence and expectation that the tumor had shrunk, only to find it had grown
- Changing the terminology around chemotherapy being poison, to it being medicine that helps the body heal
- We can do so much more than we think we can!
- Images that pop up in our minds are usually directions or guidance that we should, at the very least, take note of!
- Being nurtured during the healing process is paramount
- Not calling a disease “mine” (“my disease”); rather, “I am experiencing this disease, but it is not me”
- It is possible to have an amicable divorce, and to remain friends
- We learn over time that sometimes we have to do things we don’t want
- Pernille is cancer-free!