In this episode, Nada and Ron discuss:
- Ron’s award-winning book, Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older With Enthusiasm
- Positive psychology gets you past “neutral” to flourishing and becoming the best person you can be
- Creating more awareness around older adults being positive and having active and fulfilling lifestyles
- The common aging process is tied to outdated information
- There are more years available to live after retirement than ever before
- “What went well” exercises
- The brain continues to grow and change in a positive direction throughout our lives.
- In 2020, there will be more people over the age of 65 than under the age of five. This is the first time that has ever happened.
- Growing and making changes in health and fitness, intellectual wellbeing, and socializing is key to living a healthy and positive life.
- Positive psychology is goal-achieving psychology that focuses on appreciating the good that permeates your life.
- You can stay younger, in all facets of life, by being involved with younger people.