Susy Markoe Schieffelin: Sound Healing and Transformation – Part 1
Take 25 minutes over lunch to nourish your soul!
Susy Markoe Schieffelin of The Copper Vessel is a Los Angeles-based sound healer, reiki master, Kundalini yoga teacher, and sobriety coach. She graduated with a degree in East Asian Studies and Religious Studies from the University of Virginia, and is certified as a Usui/Holy Fire II Reiki Master, is a Kundalini and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor (RYT 550 / IKYTA), and received training in Transcendental Meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Breathwork, and the Art of Sound Healing. Inspired by her own healing journey, she uses these modalities to help others transform their lives and find healing from within.
Susy is vocal about her path to sobriety and her journey with alopecia. She is a speaker and thought leader, encouraging people to build healthy, happy, radiant lives through self-love. Susy leads deeply restorative crystal alchemy sound bath ceremonies, healing rituals, group trainings, international retreats, and workshops. She also offers a variety of virtual experiences, including a series of virtual sound baths for self-healing on Alo Moves.
In Part 1 of this two-part series, Nada and Susy discuss:
- At 7 years old, Susy felt self-judgment, rejection, and discomfort when she began to lose hair from alopecia
- Experimenting with alcohol and recreational drugs, and how they became the solution for Susy’s pain
- Living in NY City with a great job, and how it looked so great on the outside, yet Susy felt lost, disconnected, and miserable on the inside
- Going into rehab
- Learning new tools to connect with herself and heal, and helping others do the same
- “After so many years of my mind being so loud, I could have a drink and my mind would get quiet”
- “I no longer wanted to live, and one night I got to that point”
- “Wake up and stop choosing to move toward death and start choosing life”
- “I discovered that my life wasn’t actually that bad, and certainly not one that I would need to escape from”
- “Everything in life had been happening for me”