Tonya Jahnke: The Loving Act of Adoption – Part 1
Take 25 minutes over lunch to nourish your soul!
Tonya Jahnke is a registered nurse of 22 years. She is passionate about keeping families healthy and happy together through sharing the whole food nutrition of Juice Plus. She is also passionate about sharing the Tower Garden, where you can grow your own food year-round in your kitchen or on the patio, with zero dirt and zero chemicals. Tonya has been happily married to Corey Jahnke for almost 27 years and they have one son, Christopher. She also is an owner of two sweet pups who fill her life with love and fun!
In Part 1 of their two-part conversation, Nada and Tonya discuss:
- How Tonya knew as a young child that her heart was always on adoption
- Why at the age of 31 Tonya decided it was time to adopt a child
- Why Tonya and her husband chose open adoption
- Why Tonya’s husband wasn’t as excited to adopt and when that changed
- Why Tonya didn’t want to share her story for choosing adoption with other adoptive parents
- It’s possible to not have an urge to birth a child but still have enormous desire to be a mom
- A full and beautiful life can always be more full
- Looking at possibilities is so exciting and life-giving
- Feeling judged can teach us to not be judgmental of others
- God puts ideas and passions in our hearts for a reason