Tonya Jahnke: The Loving Act of Adoption – Part 2
Take 25 minutes over lunch to nourish your soul!
See Tonya’s bio and listen to Part 1 of Nada and Tonya’s Dare Ah New Belief conversation here.
In Part 2 of their conversation, Nada and Tonya discuss:
- What open adoption is, and its benefits
- What it feels like to be chosen as adoptive parents
- Visiting baby Christopher with the Bridge care family and his birth parents for the first two months of his life
- The struggle to not get too attached and have her heart broken if the birth parents changed their minds
- Staying close with the birth parents even now
Tonya’s key insights:
- “The baby’s coming and I am not ready!”
- The dream of adopting a child can be taken away
- The heartfelt joy and security birth parents feel knowing their child is deeply loved and wanted
- The more people that can love Christopher, the better the world and Christopher will be
Podcast: Play in new window | Download